Updated COVID-19 Protocols
We look forward to seeing you again at the Meyerson for the upcoming Dallas Symphony Season!
Considering the ongoing concerns related to the spread of the Delta variant of COVID-19, we will not be able to return to ānormalā operations for concerts and the following is what you can expect for concerts in September and October (other than great music, of course).
- Performances: As outline, we will be performing two-hour concerts with an intermission and a full orchestra. Please be advised that all of our staff and musicians are vaccinated.
- Tickets: There will be a designated area for subscribers, who can show their tickets but do not have to be scanned in. If you are a subscriber, look for signage in the lobby to direct you to this area. People who have purchased single tickets will utilize the touchless scanners in the lobby on the orchestra level.
- Masks: All attendees will be required to wear masks in the building and during the concert. This is in line with the CDC recommendation for indoor events, and at this time, it is required by Dallas County.
- Social Distancing: We will limit our attendees to 60-70% of full capacity in September and October, based on the type of concert and other factors. This will allow 3-4 feet of social distancing in the Meyerson. Please note that the vast majority of our audience is vaccinated, but since the Delta variant is very contagious, we plan to maintain some distancing while the case loads are at a high level in the region.
- Cleaning Protocols: The building will be deep-cleaned and disinfected before we open for the season, and we will maintain a rigorous cleaning schedule on a daily basis. The Meyerson has HEPA filters for air purification and circulation.
- Concert Amenities: The Opus Restaurant on the west side of the orchestra level will be open and offering gourmet boxed dinners, which you may pre-order or purchase when you arrive. There will also be snacks available for purchase in the Opus space. The bar on the west side lobby and in Opus will be the only bars open pre-concert and during the intermissions. We ask that all patrons who are eating and drinking stay in the Opus Restaurant rather than circulating throughout the building.
- Shop: We have relocated the Symphony Store presented by Capital One to the orchestra level on the East corner. We will limit the number of people in the shop area at any given time.
- Parking: Valet Parking will be available in front of the building and in the Valet Circle. Self-parking is available in the Hall Garage and other nearby garages.
- Other amenities: We will not have Concert Preludes (pre-concert talks) and hope we can offer them again in January, assuming the virus situation improves. The Box Office will be open starting one hour before each concert. The program book will be available for each concert and a full complement of ushers will be working at each concert to assist with seating and to enforce the mask policy.
While we wish we were able to start the season without implementing new protocols, we must be proactive and continue to offer concerts in the safest way possible. We know we will all appreciate hearing the full Dallas Symphony Orchestra playing every week after last year.