Bring musicians to your school
Bring musicians to your school with Symphony YES!
Due to safety concerns, we are unable to send our Symphony YES! groups to schools for the remainder of 2020. Please check back for updated availability of this program.
World-famous musicians present an intimate and delightfully informal concert experience â€“ right in your school! Teachers can choose from brass, string, or woodwindÂ ensembles.Â Â This is a perfect way to prepare your students for attending a Youth Concert at the Meyerson.Â Ensembles come directly to your school, introduce their instruments to the class, perform an engaging variety of repertoire, and interact directly with students. Programs are tailored precisely to fit the needs of each age group, and audience sizes are limited to ensure that each child gets the most out of each program. The cost for two back-to-back, interactive SymphonyÂ YES!Â performances is onlyÂ $350.
Available ensembles, and the recommended age groups for each program, are as follows:
- Woodwind Quintet (grades 1 – 4)
- Brass Quintet (grades K – 6)
- String Quintet (grades 3 – 5)
- String Quartet (grades K – 5)
- String Trio (grades K – 5)
- String Duo (grades PK – 3)*
(*) NOTE: We can do three (3) back-to-back programs of 25 minutes each for K – 1.
BRING AMAZING MUSIC TO YOUR SCHOOL!
Due to safety concerns, we are unable to send our Amazing Music program to schools for the remainder of 2020. Please check back for updated availability of this program.
“Often a single experience will open the young soul to music for a lifetime.”– ZoltĂˇn KodĂˇly
Based on the Dallas Symphony Orchestra’s highly acclaimed Amazing Music concerts for television, these participatory sessions, led by a DSO Teaching Artist, engage students in fun lessons that integrate music with other subjects. Students watch excerpts from the award-winning Amazing Music videos, then join their classmates in activities that appeal to a wide range of learning styles.
A DSO Teaching Artist will consult with school personnel in advance of the residency to determine curricular areas of focus.
STUDENTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Interact with a DSO Teaching Artist.
- View a video performance by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.
- Participate in a fun, curriculum-based activity integrated with music.
- Reinforce knowledge learned in the classroom through an engaging music lesson.
- Be creative!
Alternatively, the DSO can offer engaging, participatory workshops for teachers that demonstrate how music can be integrated into the classroom. The award-winning videos with their companion curriculum guides provide a broad range of activities and lessons for grades 1-6. During the 90-minute workshop, teachers see excerpts from the videos, receive an overview of the curriculum guides, and participate in hands-on activities that link music to other subject areas. A focus on lessons integrating language arts, social studies, science, or math can be arranged by advance request. One video/curriculum guide 4-volume set is included in the price of the workshop. No advance knowledge of music is required for workshop participants.
PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Learn how music can be an effective teaching tool.
- Gain hands-on experience in how to integrate music into the curriculum.
- Participate in activities that utilize all learning styles and intelligences.
- Acquire interdisciplinary lesson plans that creatively approach aspects of TAKS objectives and core curriculum.
- Have fun with activities that are interactive, experiential and engaging with loads of kid appeal!
To schedule an Amazing Music workshop for either teachers or students, contact Sarah Hatler at (214) 871-4006, or firstname.lastname@example.org.